Post treatment recommendations after a Hot Sculpting Treatment
The fat cells that have been destroyed during treatment will release the triglycerides, which are then broken down into 3 free fatty acids and glycerol, and transported to the liver to be used as energy. During your course of treatment, we recommend that you follow a healthy lifestyle nutrition plan in order to facilitate and utilize the released free fatty acids as a source of energy and nutrients for the body. This will ensure the optimization of your program and therefore may improve the results.
Drink at least 2 litres of water a day.
It’s a well-known fact that water consumption contributes and facilitates the fat clearance metabolic pathways. Consuming enough water reduces hunger, increases metabolism and stimulates the circulation.
- Have lots of vegetables with your meal! Veggies are loaded with fibres, and fibres are great for because it fills you up- for fewer calories. It also helps keep the flow of sugar into your bloodstream slow and steady, so less insulin is released. (Insulin promotes the storage of body fat). Steamed vegetables are the best option as they maintain all the vitamins and nutrients.
- Swap white bread, pasta and rice for wholegrain versions. Research shows those eating wholegrain lost more fat!
- Replace red meat with white meat, such as turkey, chicken, and fish. These meats are generally lower in fat.
- Eat foods rich in calcium such as low-fat yoghurt and milk. Evidence shows that they can help to reduce the amount of fat absorbed from food. Danish researchers have found that those eating medium-high calcium meals had 17%-19% lower levels of fat in their blood than those eating low calcium meals.
- Do NOT skip meals – this may slow down your metabolism which may affect the rate at which the fat released from the treatment is used.
- Do NOT eat processed meals such as ready meals as these contain lots of saturated fat, artificial ingredients and salt.
- Reduce the intake of fatty foods – this includes takeaways such as pizza, burgers, chips, cheese, butter, oil, poultry skin etc.
- Reduce intake of refined carbohydrates – such as white bread, white pasta and rice and sugar.
- Avoid sugary snacks and desserts – they are very high in sugar and this is converted into fat!
- Avoid alcohol – this is very high in sugar as well! Try to avoid alcohol for at least 4 days after treatment, preferably for 1 week. Dry red wine will be the best option since it is the lowest in sugar from most alcoholic drinks.