Laser Hair Removal Review – By Date Night With Tila
In the beginning, I shaved, cost effective and convenient. Then I got older and realized that activity alone required 3-4 days maintenance. Ain’t nobody got time for that. Luckily, my arms and legs are immune to hair and so I only grow hair, well underarms and bikini area. Even then, my esthetician said I am lucky to not produce as much hair as some people, maybe it’s an Asian thing or genetics. I didn’t want to be shaving every 3-4 days while I am on vacation so I jumped on the waxing wagon. I imaged it isn’t the best thing for your skin, I mean the yanking and pulling constantly couldn’t be any good for your skin. That’s why I don’t wax my brows because I don’t want wrinkly forehead.
I saw a noticeable difference after my first session, and didn’t need to shave my underarms for close to two weeks (hooray!); most people need around five sessions or so to achieve permanent hair removal, depending on hair and skin type. My follow-up session was six weeks after my first (a typical hair growth cycle), allowing the therapist to see exactly how much hair had been permanently eradicated first time around. Picture below is my underarm growth in 1.5 weeks!!
And so to the bit you’re all waiting for… the pain factor! I’ll admit that having Googled “Laser hair removal how much pain?” I was bracing myself for something truly awful and was sweating before that first zap. So imagine my delight and surprise when it actually… wasn’t that bad! Unlike old-style laser hair removal, Media Spa state-of-the-art machine simultaneously fires a laser beam and an icy-cold jet of air, meaning that all you feel is a slight tingling sensation, with some very mild stinging over the most delicate areas. I can’t handle pain well at all and I survived so I am sure even a child can do this. I can honestly say that I’d take this every single day over waxing, with the caveat that – as with a wax – you should avoid scheduling your treatment around the time of your period as this can make you more sensitive to pain.
If – like me – body hair is a preoccupation and you are sick of the bother of maintenance, laser is a great option. Ok, so it’s a little pricey upfront, but if you weigh the cost (and sheer hassle) up against a lifetime of waxing appointments, the numbers are pretty favourable… And just think of all the things you’d rather be doing with that time! It’s fair to say I’m a total laser convert. I can’t wait to get all the way through my remaining sessions to follicular freedom…
Laser hair removal can address men and women of all skin types safely, from light to dark, even tanned clients and in fewer treatments. It’s unique design longer wavelength, and impressive cooling allow incredibly reliable, safe and irreversible results.
- This treatment gives you longer lasting results compared to more conventional methods like shaving, waxing, and any epilators.
- Give you longer lastly results
- Required 6-8 sessions throughout a period of 4-6 weeks to receive maximum results.
- Works for all skin types
- Can do laser hair removal treatments throughout any season including summer
- Only system that can get results from thin, blonde hair
- If taking medication such as accutane you have to stay away from laser for 1 year
- If your hormones are not balanced the treatment is not successful
- Suggested not to do laser during pregnacy
- Must have full cycle of hair growth after waxing, shaving etc..
Please shave the entire area you desire treated the day before your planned your laser hair removal treatment.
- Avoid exfoliating like Retin-A, alpha beta hydroxyl acid, alcohol toners or any irritating creams and oils for one week prior your treatment.
- Do not apply any perfumes, deodorant or makeup to the desired area the day of your treatment.
- Use a broad spectrum SPF 30 or greater sun block before and after your treatment.
- No artificial tanning which includes tanning beds and spray tans anytime within 2-3 weeks before your treatment.
- The hair may appear to grow for up to two weeks.
- This is simply the treated hair being shed from the follicle.
- Immediately after your laser hair removal treatment there likely will be some slight redness, swelling around the hair follicles and mild discomfort similar to sunburn. Cool packs may be applied.
- There may be feeling of slight itchiness prior treatment but wears off after 24 hours.
- You may also notice during and immediately after your session the smell of burned hairs this is normal.
- Avoid swimming pools and spas treated with chemicals or chlorine until the skin returns to its normal condition.
- Between treatments, do not wax or pluck your hair, but shaving is allowed.
- On any facial areas treated you must not have any facials or peels until skin returns to normal condition.
- No deodorant for 24 to 48 hours if underarm was treated.
- Do not rub, or pick the treated area. Do not use any loofahs or abrasive scrubs for at least 5 days.
- Avoid strenuous sports activities or hot water/ saunas/ jacuzzi for 3 days.
- If a crust develops, apply Aloe twice daily, to keep the area moist until healed.
- Contact our office if the area shows signs of infection or blistering.
- Continue to use sunblock for the duration of your treatments.
The Nd.YAG is like a “Rolls- Royce laser system that is hand built to perfection. The Best laser system in the world.We found that the modern, high-power, second generation VSP Nd:YAG laser systems with cold air cooling technology gives the best possibilities to adjust treatment parameters to the individual cases and thus optimize treatment efficacy while preserving the epidermis from unwanted damage.
Pricing is generic throughout the manufacturing partner, it is discussed throughout a complimentary consultation.